Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Introduction

This blog will be a personal exploration into actual dreams. The purpose of this blog is to use myself and my dreams as an example (or guinea pig) to examine my interest in dream analysis/interpretation. Interspersed with accounts of actual dreams and a dissection of their symbology of waking reality will be articles/commentary/quotes from various psychologists, writers, those involved in spiritual or esoteric matters, artists, etc. It is my personal goal to figure out the importance of dreams in a down-to-earth, psychological manner, as well as to follow these nocturnal fancies to their place of birth; to find where they are situated in the psyche and what relations they have to the worlds of emotion, intellectual ideas, and universal archetypes.

This blog will be slow going, as it is not currently a priority in terms of my creative endeavors (though it will rise to the surface, I'm sure). I am hoping to do some research in the winter into spring and by summer have a good amount of information to formulate thoughts and manifest points of interest through writing. Please stay tuned! This will be very interesting!

In the meantime please visit my main blog:
http://makeshift-eyes.blogspot.com/

And website:
www.makeshifteyes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment